Nuance Dragon Technical Support Call toll free +1-310-513-5006
In this blog, we are going to give you a detailed step by step guide on how to create a roaming user profile in Dragon NaturallySpeaking. But before we dive in details, let’s understand.
What is the purpose of Roaming Profile in Nuance Dragon software?
- Dragon can store Master Roaming User Profiles on a non-server networked system, a Windows server, or an HTTP server with or without SSL, giving access to the Master Roaming User Profiles via the Internet. For Roaming User Profiles, you may also create several network storage locations and subdirectories.
Only the following products include the Dragon Roaming User Profiles feature:
- The Roaming User functionality allows users to dictate using Dragon from several network locations and workstations without having to establish and train separate user files for each location. The Roaming functionality also enables the user to have numerous instances of his or her master profile open at the same time.
Step by step guide to create roaming profile in Nuance Dragon:
Step 1: On your network, create a destination folder and export your current profile. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to [Profile] > [Manage Users] on the DragonBar.
- A popup called Manage User Profiles will appear. Select your current profile and go to [Advanced] > [Export].
- A window to look for a folder will appear. By selecting [OK], you may export your profile to the destination folder you created.
Step 2: Log out of all user accounts. Select [Profile] > [Close User Profiles] from the DragonBar.
Step 3: Make the user a roaming user.
- Go to [Tools] > [Administrative Settings] on the DragonBar.
- A window called Administrative Settings will appear. Click [Add] after checking the [Enable] box.
- You’ll see the Roaming User Network Location box pop up. In the [Display Name] area, type a name, and then in the [Address] field, type the path of your user profile. [OK] should be selected.
NOTE: Use the [Browse] option to locate your user profile that you exported in step 1 if you don’t know where it is.
STEP 4: Save your Roaming profile. To do so, follow these steps: Go to [Profile] > [Manage Users] > [Delete Users] on the DragonBar. > [Advanced] [Roaming] [Save to Roaming] [Save to Roaming]
For more assistance, connect with Nuance Dragon Helpdesk through our toll free number +1-310-513-5006.