Have you ever tried to upgrade your profile in Nuance NaturallySpeaking but failed during upgradation? If yes, you are not alone! Dragon makes every effort to improve existing profiles. Profiles may include damage that cannot be healed when updated in rare situations.
In this blog, we will discuss how you can solve this issue. So there are two ways to fix this issue:
- If you don’t have any custom vocabulary, you can create a new profile and erase the damaged one.
- If you have a custom vocabulary that you want to keep, you need to follow these steps:
- Quit Dragon
- Your improved profiles may be found in /Documents/Dragon.
- Don’t empty the recycle bin if you have added new profiles.
- In /Documents/Dragon/Support, unzip the previous Dragon version 4 or 5 profile.
- Reopen Dragon and upgrade the profile once more.
If the profile can be loaded, export the user-added vocabulary and import it into a new profile.
- Load the error profile and choose ‘Edit Vocabulary’.
- Choose Vocabulary Editor.
- View user-added custom vocabulary by clicking on ‘User’ from the drop-down selection.
- To select all things, use Command-A on the keyboard.
- Select Export
- Click ‘Save As, give the file a name.
- Select the folder where you wish to save the file.
- Click the Export button.
- Close the Vocabulary Editor and exit Dragon after clicking OK.
- DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH AFTER MOVING THE SUSPECT PROFILE TO THE TRASH.
- Begin by launching Dragon.
- Make a new profile or utilise one that doesn’t seem to be experiencing any problems.
- Select ‘Edit Vocabulary’ from the Dragon menu icon in the menu bar.
- Select Import at the bottom of the Vocabulary Editor.
- The Finder window pops up.
- Click Import after selecting the file you already saved.
- To check that the imported vocabulary functions as intended, test this new profile. If this is the case, you can safely empty the trash.
Hope with the help of the above blog, you’ll be able to fix errors in your Nuance Dragon software. Contact the Nuance Dragon technical support team at toll-free number +1 702 430 6099 and our team of experts can help you fix dragon error code 166, or Nuance vocabulary issues. We are available 24*7 at Nuance Dragon Helpdesk for your assistance.